The perfect introduction to home pottery.
The Pottery starter bundle comes with all the materials, tools and guidance you'll need to create functional and useable pottery pieces from home. Popular creations include plant and cactus pots, trinket dishes, dried flower vases, animal and body sculptures and everything in between.
Every kit comes with 2kg of air-dry clay - enough for two people to create two pots or pieces each.
With a Sculpd kit and paint set of your choice you can create almost anything. If you can dream it, you can Sculpd it.
What's in the Bundle?
- 2 Packs Premium Air-Dry Clay
- Step-By-Step Beginners Pottery Guide
- Pottery Carving, Shaping and Cutting Tools & Tool Bag
- White Acrylic Paint
- 8 Coloured Acrylic Paints
- Glossy Sealant
- 2 Paintbrushes
- Sponge for Smoothing
If stored unopened in the sealed bag the clay will last 3 - 6 months.
Clay days and craft nights are best shared among friends so simply add more clay bags if you have extra hands to feed.
Which clay do you use?
Not all air-dry clay is created equal, and our clay is unlike any other.
We source our clay from the historic British home of pottery, Stoke-on-Trent. We use a light grey earthenware blend which feels identical to regular earthen clay, unlike other air drying varieties which are often over-fibrous and irregular in texture. Our clay is beautifully supple and workable making it easy to achieve a smooth finish.
It dries a lovely light stone colour and is a total joy to paint on. We've tested every air-dry clay we could get our fingers into, and this clay is hands down the best.
The Sculpd Pottery Throwdown
If you're joining our public Pottery Throwdown competition, this starter bundle contains everything you'll need to craft a competition winning creation.
How to Enter:
1) Grab a Sculpd kit or some clay and enter into the Throwdown challenge of the week.
2) Following the challenge guidelines, use your newfound pottery skills and creative flair to craft your competition winning creation.
3) Upload your best photo to Instagram as a post or story using the hashtag #SculpdThrowdown to be automatically entered. Winners will be chosen every two weeks.
4) The challenge winners will be announced every other Sunday at 7.30pm. Prizes for the winner and runner up (£80 gift card 1st place, £40 gift card 2nd place)
Need some extra clay?
Add to your order at the bottom of this page.
What shall I make?
What you make is really up to you! You can check out our Best of Sculpd Gallery for inspiration or use the included step-by-step guide to get you started.
Have a question for us?
If you have any questions about this bundle or any of our products, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our contact form.
Enjoy Sculpdors! And don't forget to tag us @sculpdit and use #sculpdthrowdown to enter your piece into the throwdown competition. Good luck!